Fixrot.co.uk are leading experts in the field of Basement Waterproofing in Dumfries and Galloway. We use high-quality equipment to waterproof basements and cellars in domestic and commercial properties throughout the following areas:
- Dumfries & Galloway
- The South of Scotland
- The North of England
We provide basement waterproofing, also known as tanking. This is a process we use to stop structures or properties built at ground level or below from leaking as a result of water pressure. The two main methods of tanking we use include:
- Cementitious structural waterproofing
- Cavity drain membrane
With years of experience caring for properties, our experts can determine which method would be most suitable for your property with a thorough damp survey. For further information about damp proofing, or to arrange a free, no obligation survey, simply contact our expert team today.
01 Cementitious Structural Waterproofing
- A waterproof layer of plaster is applied to the structure to prevent moisture from penetrating the wall.
- We can only use this method if the structure of the building can withstand the added pressure from water already present in the walls.
- The building must be in a stable environment (no subsidence) and should not be subject to vibrations which may cause the plaster to crack and leak.
02 Cavity Drain Membrane
- A waterproof membrane is attached to the walls so moisture drains to a location where it’s easily pumped out.
- This method is ideal if your structure cannot withstand the added pressure of water against the walls, or if your home is subject to vibrations.