As leading experts in our field of Basement Waterproofing in Dumfries, here at Fixrot.co.uk we use high quality equipment to waterproof basements and cellars in domestic and commercial properties throughout Dumfries & Galloway, South of Scotland and North of England, including the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas.
Basement waterproofing, also known as tanking, is a process used to stop structures or properties built at ground level or below from leaking as a result of water pressure. Our two main methods of tanking include:
- Cementitious structural waterproofing
- Cavity drain membrane
With years of experience caring for properties, our experts can determine which method would be most suitable for your property with a thorough damp survey. For further information about damp proofing, or to arrange a free, no obligation survey, simply contact our expert team today.
01 Cementitious Structural Waterproofing
- A waterproof layer of plaster is applied to the structure to prevent moisture from penetrating through the wall.
- This method can only be used if the structure of the building can withstand the added pressure from water already present in the walls.
- The building must be in a stable environment (no subsidence) and should not be subject to vibrations which may cause the plaster to crack and leak.
02 Cavity Drain Membrane
- A waterproof membrane is attached to the walls so moisture will drain to a location where it can be easily pumped out.
- This method is ideal if your structure cannot withstand the added pressure of water against the walls, or if your home is subject to vibrations.